This upcoming Monday, January 24 from 4:00 – 5:30pm, the city is holding a scoping meeting via zoom to hear feedback from the public.
Be sure to join the meeting and let the city know your thoughts!
Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81149830815?pwd=SVZmOEUxSzFoc2dpV3VMTmZlYWVPdz09
Meeting ID: 811 4983 0815
Here are some comments the City needs to hear from you!
- Increase the wetland acreage by removing the channel from Rose Creek to De Anza and shrinking the island, moving more of these land uses into the Regional Parkland use
- Shrink the spit west of Rose Creek and create an island farther south in the bay for high tide use by birds and protection of the marsh from Bay traffic
- De Anza Cove should be for non-motorized boats only.
- Increase the wetland acreage! More tidal wetlands mean more carbon sequestration to help the City meet its Climate Action Plan goals.
- Show us how sea level rise affects the plan!
- The interpretive center should be moved to the east side of Rose Creek and should include a cultural focus.
- Low-Cost Visitor Accommodation needs to specifically allow group and tent camping and the lease should not “include open beach” as the beach must remain a public, shared shoreline.